Bear Basin Trail - Los Padres National Forest
Trail Distance 2.46 Miles
The Bear Basin Trail is located deep in the Ventana Wilderness in Monterey County. The trail connects the Carmel River Trail (3E03) and the Pine Ridge Trail (3E06) and the Black Cone Trail (3E14). From Pine Valley Camp the trail climbs up to a junction with Bear Basin Connector Trail (3E16) and then proceeds to Bear Basin Camp, after passing Bear Basin Camp the trail completes at the junctions of the Pine Ridge Trail (3E06) and the Black Cone Trail (3E14).
- Trail #: 3E11
- Wilderness Area: Ventana
- County: Monterey County
- Ranger District: Monterey Ranger District
- Trail-head Latitude: 36.30129
- Trail-head Longitude: -121.63629
- Water Sources: No Water Available
- Trail Condition: Kind of Good - Little to no bushwacking and easily followable
- Topo Maps:
Activities & Features:
- Day Hiking
- Wildlife Viewing
- Total Elevation Gain: + 696 feet.
- Total Elevation Loss: - 2100 feet.
- Overall Average Slope Gain: + 16 %.
- Overall Average Slope Loss: - 21 %.
- Kilometers: (km)
- Meters: (m)
- Miles: (mi)
- Feet: (ft)
- Average Slope: (%)
Bear Basin Camp
Submitted Trail Reports
Have you hiked this trail in the past? Please share. Be the first one to add a quick report below.
Leave A Trail Report
- Survey / Report Form - Please click this box to open the form.
Questions or Comments
Last Updated: Tuesday, March 1, 2016