Miller Canyon Trail - Los Padres National Forest
Trail Distance 7.98 Miles
The Miller Canyon Trail is a 7.98 mile trail in the Ventana Wilderness in Monterey County . The trail connects the Miller Canyon (19S03) and the Carmel River Trail (3E03)
Please let us know if you have explored this trail recently.
- Trail #: 3E04
- Wilderness Area: Ventana
- County: Monterey County
- Ranger District: Monterey Ranger District
- Trail-head Latitude: 36.3053
- Trail-head Longitude: -121.5853
- Water Sources: Water is available from multiple creeks along the trail, see trail camp links below for water reports
- Trail Condition: Bad - Trail may require some bushwhacking and/or searching for markers due to potential sub standard trail conditions
- Topo Maps:
Activities & Features:
- Day Hiking
- Panoramic Views
- Wildlife Viewing
- Wilderness Camping
- Total Elevation Gain: + 3507 feet.
- Total Elevation Loss: - 1303 feet.
- Overall Average Slope Gain: + 10 %.
- Overall Average Slope Loss: - 8 %.
- Kilometers: (km)
- Meters: (m)
- Miles: (mi)
- Feet: (ft)
- Average Slope: (%)
Submitted Trail Reports
- Miller Canyon Trail Survey - 04-14-2014 - by Allison S.
|Link:|| Miller Canyon Trail |
|Date:|| 04-14-2014 |
|Surveyor Name:||Allison S.|
Miller Canyon Trail - China Camp to Los Padres Dam (Approx. 12 miles one-way)
This trail is passable and fun! However, I would NOT recommend it for inexperienced hikers as it is not maintained (some downed trees, brush and rock slides) and marked only with small flags the majority of the way. If you did not pay close attention it would be easy to get disoriented. There are several stream crossings and it is mostly downhill from China Camp to the dam. The terrain is beautiful, you are trekking down the sunny side of the canyon and overlooking the forest. Evidence of wild pigs and lots of wildlife. Bring lots of water!
I read somewhere that this trail was listed as "NOT recommended," and we went anyway. If you are not familiar with this area or new to hiking I would pick a more well-marked, cleaned up trail. If you want the challenge, it was a good time and very beautiful.
|Mode of transport:||Hike|
|Trail condition:||Needs some work|
|Condition details:||Passable, fun trail strictly marked with small flags. Must pay attention! |
|Number of trees down:||8|
Leave A Trail Report
- Survey / Report Form - Please click this box to open the form.
Questions or Comments
Last Updated: Wednesday, February 24, 2016