|05-20-2017||Craig R. Carey||Dry|
|01-08-2017||Josh Lee Pasholk||Dry|
|11-08-2015||Los Padres Forest Association||Trickle|
|05-15-2015||Craig R. Carey||Flowing|
|01-18-2015||Los Padres Forest Association||Trickle|
|12-06-2014||Los Padres Forest Association||Dry|
|10-01-2014||Los Padres Forest Association||Dry|
The Forest Service established a tree nursery here. Both the 1932 Matilija fire and the 1948 Wheeler fire burned the trees planted by the Forest Service. The Thatcher School students have replanted the present pines. Other trees were lost in the 1985 Wheeler fire but the majority remain.
Located on the Horn Canyon Trail (27W08). This trail was one of the major trails from Ojai to the Sespe River in the early days. It was often used by campers, fisherman and hunters.
The Pines Camp is set amongst an interesting clump of pine trees. Many of the pines have died during the drought of the mid 2010's and as a result the green clump looks a bit more brown these days. The camp is accessed via the Horn Canyon Trail from Thacher School. The camp is a lovely place to watch the Ojai lights flicker through the orangish red of a sunset but is most commonly visited as a dayhike.
Northeast of Ojai via State Highway 150, Reeves Road, and McAndrews Road (5N10) to the locked gate behind Thacher School. At this point a narrow, the steep Horn Canyon Trail (27W08) leads uphill for about 3 miles to the Pines Camp.