|12-18-2014||Los Padres Forest Association||Flowing|
In 1915 Russel and Albert Cottam obtained a special use permit on a meadow where Blue Canyon and Forbush Creek join to flow north to the Santa Ynez River. Originally the camp was known as Lower Blue Camp but later became Cottam Camp. The brothers built a cabin and corrals and used the area as a pack station. They would pack guests over the range to the camp from which they could hunt and fish. After Russel died, the Forest Service canceled their permit and established a tree nursery but, it was too remote a location so they moved it to the Prictos area where later its operation was discontinued.